Wednesday 12 July 2017

I’m sad Adeleke won on PDP platform – Senate President Saraki


The Senate President, Bukola Saraki , has expressed his sadness over Ademola Adeleke ’ s victory on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party .


The Senate President made this known on Wednesday shortly after he had sworn- in Adeleke as the Senator representing Osun - West .

Adeleke had defected from the All Progressives Congress to run as the opposition party ’ s flagbearer in last weekend’ s by - election .

In a Facebook post, Saraki said though he is happy with Adeleke’ s victory , he , however, was sad that he was not coming in as an APC Senator.

Saraki said Adeleke’ s defection was caused by a mishandling of pre-election matters in the APC .
He said it should serve as an eye -opener to the APC that the will of the people should always be respected .

He said, “ I was filled with emotions today as I swore in the brother of Late Senator Isiaka Adetunji Adeleke as Senator representing Osun West . I ’ m sure that my late friend , his family , good people of Ede and Osun West Senatorial District are delighted that the legacy of ‘ Guv ’ can continue .

“ I am sure my departed colleague will , in his grave , be happy and filled with joy today and always.
“ My only sadness is that Senator Ademola Adeleke is not coming in as an APC member. This is the result of mishandling of the pre- election matters by our party .
“ I hope Senator Ademola Adeleke will very soon return to his natural fold , the APC , where he rightly belongs .

“ I hope this development will serve as an eye opener to our party at all levels that the will of the people must always be respected . We all have a good lesson to learn from this.

“ Once again , I congratulate Senator Ademola Adeleke and I hope he will live up to his brother ’ s expectations and further uplift the legacy established by their late father, Senator Ayoola Adeleke.”

No comments:

Post a Comment