Wednesday 12 July 2017

I won’t disclose details of my discussion with Buhari – Acting President Prof. Osinbajo



The Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo , on Wednesday , said he would not go into specific details of what he discussed with ailing President Muhammadu Buhari in London , United Kingdom on Tuesday.


He , however, said he had “ good conversation on wide - ranging issues” with the President for over an hour .
Osinbajo spoke with State House correspondents shortly before the commencement of the weekly meeting of the Federal Executive Council at the Presidential Villa , Abuja .

He assured Nigerians that Buhari who has spent over two months in the British capital was in high spirit when they met and would soon return to the country .
When asked specifically if the President who has been away for over 60 days would return to the country before 90 days , Osinbajo said it would be wrong to apply deadline .

Although he said the two ministers -designate would soon be inaugurated , the Acting President said he had no date in mind.

The following conversation ensued between him and the reporters :

You just got back from seeing Mr . President , what did you discuss with him ?

Well, first as you know, I went to see him. I went to check up on him and find out how he was doing . I had of course been speaking with him on the phone and I thought it will be a good thing to go and see him and you know generally check up on how he was doing and also to brief him on developments back at home . So we had a very good time , we had a very good conversation on wide - ranging issues and he is in very good spirit . He is recuperating very quickly and he is doing very well .

What is the state of health of Mr . President ?

Well, as I have said, he is in very high spirit . He is recuperating very well and we had very long conversation . We spoke for well over an hour and his humour is all there . He is doing well and he is recuperating fast.

When is he due back ?

I think very very shortly. Very shortly . I think we should really expect him back very shortly . Like I said, he is recuperating very fast and he is doing very very well .

Was the report of the suspended SGF and NIA DG part of your conversation ?

We discussed wide -ranging issues. I really can ’ t go into specifics of all of the discussions we had .

Was the inauguration of the two ministers part of the discussion ?

No . We didn’ t discuss inauguration or anything like that. We didn’ t .

When will the ministers- designate be inaugurated ?

Well, I’ m not in a position to say anything . I don’ t have a date in mind but I ’ m sure very very soon , we will do that.

Are we expecting Mr . President before 90 days?

No no . Deadlines aren’ t a very good thing but as I said, he is recuperating fast. We are expecting him very shortly. Much sooner than you will expect .

No comments:

Post a Comment